Youtube is the unsung hero of social media and if you don’t use Youtube in your marketing then you’re missing out on some serious marketing leverage.
There are loads of reasons why using Youtube in your marketing is a great idea, here we share just a handful.
More people consume video content than at any time in history and this trend is only likely to keep going that way.
In fact, Youtube now has over a billion hours consumed every day which is more than Facebook and Netflix combined (source: Brandwatch.com).
So, why should you use Youtube in your marketing?
- It’s free
- no expensive kit required
- quick and easy communication
- easy to use (including ‘live’ video)
- 2nd biggest search engine in the world
- 2nd most visited website in the world
- less than 5% of businesses use it
- It’s person to person
- You can have some fun
- Most used social media in the English-speaking world
- Improves engagement
- great for SEO (like really, really good)
Another useful thing about youtube videos is that they can be shared across many platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Pinterest.
But one of the best things is that it enables you to be human in your marketing.
Many websites have videos but may of them are simply slideshows or scribble animations. If you put a real person in front of the camera then your audience will more readily warm to you and what you have to say.
You can use Youtube in your marketing for:
- How-to videos
- Client testimonials
- walk-throughs or explainers
- client on-boarding (this works a treat)
- sales messages
- expert opinion and article pieces (helps to build credibility)
- training (especially if you have a technical product or service)
Even better is when a video becomes popular because it’ll be shared far and wide and can seriously increase your marketing reach.
The thing is to get started. We use Youtube in loads of our marketing and always have great results.
Want more help with marketing? Check out:
The key to marketing success (podcast)